Was in a awkward situation! Nomally I use my desktop computer and its a pain when I need files from laptop, I started using dropbox for file sharing but it’s not possible to sync my localhost folder via dropbox. Got a solution by adding a virtualhost (a new folder which will act like htdocs) which will stay in dropbox. Pretty easier way to share codes.
1. Open the file with notepad or any text editor.
2. Copy and paste below codes at the end of the file.
<VirtualHost *:80> ServerAdmin email@example.com DocumentRoot "D:/Dropbox/Project" ServerName projects.me ServerAlias www.projects.me ErrorLog "logs/projects.me-error.log" CustomLog "logs/projects.me-access.log" combined <Directory "D:/Dropbox/Project"> Options Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI AllowOverride All Order allow,deny Allow from all Require all granted </Directory> </VirtualHost>
– Change the DocumentRoot value with your folder link which is standing in dropbox.
– Change the ServerName to the address (without www.) which should be used to open the folder (like: localhost)
– ServerAlias should be same as ServerName but with “www.”
– Also you can edit ErrorLog and CustomLog format if you wish.
Now open the hostfile (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc) and add a line like below (change the address as your need).
127.0.0.1 www.projects.me projects.me
NB: You may not save the hostfile directly, you can copy it to desktop then replace the old file.
Here is a tutorial about troubleshooting, don’t forget to review if get any problem.